Office of Emergency Management
26571 Airport Road, Punta Gorda, FL 33982
We are currently at: Level 3 activation.
- Charlotte County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
- *New* Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Emergency Bulletins
- FEMA Text Message Program and Smartphone App
- Refuge Sites
- Government Closings
- Emergency Management Services Brochure
- Pets - Disaster planning for you and your pets
- 2016 Local Mitigation Strategy Progress Report
- NOAA Weather Radio Information
- Special Needs Shelter Information
- How to Stay Informed in an Emergency
- Storm surge is often the greatest threat to life and property from a tropical cyclone, yet many people do not understand the term or the danger it poses. This new video uses a “fast draw” technique to explain the storm surge hazard in an engaging and interesting manner. Video
- Statewide Know Your Zone Mobile Website
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) has developed a mobile website that uses the location services on smart phones to tell people their evacuation zones. So no matter where you are in the state, you can determine your evacuation zone. Your mobile device must have internet access to use this new product.
Using your mobile device access this site: http://map.floridadisaster.org/kyz
Note: you will get a blank page if you access it using your personal computer. ACCESS IT ONLY THROUGH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE.
Charlotte County is a StormReady Community!
Emergency Management Staff
Wayne P. Sallade, Director
Gerard Mallet, Emergency Coordinator
Lynne Stickley, Emergency Planner
Ellen Pinder, Mitigation Planner
Dr. Harry Agabedis, VOAD Coordinator
Roger Weatherly - RACES Officer