Community Development - Building
Services provided at the office located at 18400 Murdock Circle, Port Charlotte, FL include:
- Plan Review
- Building Permit Issuance
- Building Construction Inspection
- Fire Prevention Inspections
- Code Compliance Complaints
- Code Enforcement of both State and County licensure or licensing requirements relative to all building trades.
For any comments or suggestions surrounding the service you have received from the Building division, please email Claire.email@example.com or call (941) 743-1201.
The Building division continues to upgrade the Online Services web service. We appreciate your patience as we continue to upgrade this service. If you experience any problems with this service, please feel free to call this office at 941.743.1201 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Contractors who are First time users of Online Services will need to register for an account to pull permits and schedule inspections. View Registration Guide for Online Services.
Click to be directed to Online Services webpage.
With this new service, Contractors can:
- Apply for permits
- Track permits through the permitting process
- Pay Fees
- Schedule Inspections
- Inspections can also be scheduled using the telephone inspection line (IVR) by calling 941.833.4086. (PLEASE NOTE: Final Inspections for projects that require a Certificate of Occupancy cannot be scheduled online or through IVR if fees are owed. Please call 941.743.1201 to connect with a Customer Service Representative to schedule those inspections.)
- Conduct Permit Searches (Archived permits can be access through online services also.)
- Search for Licensed Contractors
- File a Code Complaint
- Track a Code Enforcement Case
If you have any questions or concerns, please call 941.743.1201 or email email@example.com.
Building Division Main Office:
Charlotte County Administrative Complex
18400 Murdock Circle
Port Charlotte, FL 33948
Main Number: 941.743.1201
Fax Number: 941.764.4907
Automatic Inspection System: 941.833.4086
Online Inspection System - register on the Online Services webpage
Office hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:45PM
Toll free phone number for Englewood residents: 941.681.3768